Note: Edit page layout currently will not work correctly with some versions of Internet Explorer - please use Chrome or Mozilla
Your Club has been provided with its own website within the overall installation of this website.
To get you started we created six pages:
- Home - Words about the Club, your links to Social Media sites, the most recent image from your Club Photo Album, the Toastmasters Mission, a block of Toastmaster promotional text, an invitation to your next Club meeting (** - also contains a clickable 'thumbs up' to put the user onto your attendance list for your next meeting)
- Our blog - a blog containing your recent entries, archive and word cloud of older entries. (In a District installation your blog may optionally include blogs from your Area & Division etc - for example about the Area contest)
- Meet Our Members - Contact details and e-mail buttons for selected Club officers (** - also contains a photo gallery of your members)
- Members Page - An invitation to comment in the Club discussion Forum, Recent Club news (in a District installation there may also be additional news items in the District hierarchy), references to several sources for quotes and word-of-the-day. (** - also contains a list with links to all your forthcoming meetings and hints for members to get the most out of easy-Speak. (This page is only visible to full members of your club.)
- Directions - Your regular meeting location with directions of how to get there, where to park etc and a map.
- Contact Us - Details of where you meet and contact information for your VP-M, an e-mail form which will allow a user who is not registered on the site to send a message to your President and VP-M without disclosing their e-mail addresses.
** - Items marked above with two asterix are only available where the club is using the club management system
Most items listed above have options which may be varied for your club by a club officer with the appropriate system permission.
There are three levels of system permission for your website:
- The regular user may see all the pages that you have made public but may not make changes to them
- A Club officer with system permission to edit the content may change text and blog entries on the pages (generally VP-PR).
- A Club officer may also be granted system permission to alter the page layout and add new pages (generally President and IT Support)
(You may change the system permission for officers in the Club Control Panel. Instructions here)
If you are a Club Officer with the system permission to edit text you will see the edit text link on text items and a spanner (wrench) on the blog. Click there and you will be presented with an editor on the screen. Use the Submit button when you have finished your changes
If you are a Club Officer with the system permission to alter the page layout and add new pages you will see an Edit page layout link at the top left of your pages. Click on that link and you will be taken into edit mode. From there you may:
- Click on a Add Web-Part to add another item to the page in the selected location. You will be given a list of pre-prepared options that are available with a description of each. **
- Click and drag an item around on the page and place it in another location.
- Click on Edit Web-Part to change the options for this item. (For example add/remove the border or title or change the officers which are listed) **
- Click on Menu/Page (top right) to change the name of this page in the menu and to set the widths of each column
- Click on [Add Page] at the bottom of the menu dropdown to add a new page
- Click on [Add Menu] in the menu bar to add a second set of menu items and the first page in the new set (No more than two club specific menu items are permitted)
** Many of the web-parts have options that are made available when you click on 'Edit web part'
When you have finished editing the page use the save page layout link to save your work.
While you are in edit mode you will see an additional item in the drop-down menu bar.
Add page does exactly that and if you only have one set of menu items you will also see Add menu as an option to give you the possibility to create a second set.
Reset Portal is also available to you.
CAUTION - this will remove all customisation and additional pages and take your website back to the standard six pages