Welcome to our Toastmasters Club, UBS Rhetoric Club Opfikon. We are an English language public speaking and leadership club that is part of a worldwide Toastmasters Organization. We have a wide range of nationalities, backgrounds and ages. Both native and non-native English speakers have the opportunity to hone their speaking, listening and leadership skills in our Club.
A FRIENDLY AND MUTUALLY SUPPORTIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
Our members are committed to help each other improve their public speaking and leadership skills.
- Do you want to express yourself confidently?
- Do you want to enhance your leadership qualities?
UBS Rhetoric Club Opfikon provides you with a friendly and mutually supportive learning environment that helps you achieve your personal goals at your own pace.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER?
Becoming a member of our club involves three steps:
1. Visit one of our meetings first and find out if you like the toastmasters experience. We encourage people to visit three times without any costs.
2. Talk to our members and club officers to decide whether this is for you. You’ll need to commit some of your time to attend our meetings regularly for many months in order to you can make most out of your club membership.
3. If you decide to join us, ask for an application form, fill it in and submit it to the Vice-President Membership. We will then process your application. Club fees are covered by UBS. Your new members’ kit has two manuals setting out the first ten projects in the Communication (speeches) and Leadership tracks.
Then the real fun begins. You can take on roles at our meetings and start giving speeches.