District 95 Central,Northern & Eastern Europe
District U Undistricted Clubs

[answered] Cannot see added guest on mtg page

View previous topic : View next topic  
    Printer-friendly version
Toastmasters Europe Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
avogel

Joined Date: 2016-01-27, 01:00

Post Post subject [answered] Cannot see added guest on mtg page   Posted 18 Jul 17, 10:59    Reply with quote

Hi All,

there's a guest (who's currently a member in Switzerland) and has attended our last meeting on July 13th (Darmstadt Toastmasters, Germany).

As a VPE I'm able to reopen that meeting and add a new user (under guests)

Searching by his full name and email address it tells me that he's an existing member and if I like to connect to this member.

I check/tick 'yes' and it tells me it has done so successfully.

Unfortunately this user has not been added to the drop down list in this meeting. I tried it several times.

Not knowing his username I tried his first name (Mario) and MarioL but alas 2 further Marios come up but not himself.

His full name is Mario Lenz

I strongyl believe that there's a glitch in your system. I haven't had any EasySpeak training yet due to the fact that outsite the US one cannot access the correct videos. The ones showing do not match what can be seen on tmclub.eu.

Any assistance to fix this annyoing situtation would be highly appreciated.

Best regards

Alex

wm-admin

Site Admin

Joined Date: 2008-06-26, 18:52

Post Post subject Re: Very Specific Problem   Posted 18 Jul 17, 11:40    Reply with quote

Hello Alex,

I took a quick look at the settings in the Club Control Panel for your club and I have several questions for you about why someone set it up the way they did; it is very unusual.

The training videos should be viewable for everyone.

If you have time to call me on Skype, I can better show you a few things and you can show me what you are trying.  Do you have time during the day to call me on Skype, maybe?  easy-Speak.tech.support is my skype account.

If you connected an existing user, then I 

(By the way, it's better that we don't publish anyone's email address in public. Just giving the username is enough for me to find the person.)  I see his username is male and that is has the status in your club as "Guest that visited the club" since 17 Jul 17.  So, that much is correct.   But when I look at the settings in your Club Control Panel for this Status, I see that you have "no" for display online.  So, that's why you do not see in your meeting page: 

You can also read about the settings in for Member Status by looking in the Help Options /  Knowledge Map article called  Member Status https://tmclub.eu/kb.php?mode=article&k=31

Regards,
Bill

email at easy-speak_support_team@hotmail.com

Printer-friendly version
Toastmasters Europe Discussion Index  » Problem Reports
Page 1 of 1

Jump to